If you have a child or grandchild who will be graduating from High School this year, remember that we provide 4 scholarships. Post scholarship applications must be in by April 1st of each year.
1. Student must be a direct descendant, i.e. child, grandchild, great-grandchild or a
legally adopted child, of a veteran who is a member in good standing of The American
Legion; or a deceased U.S. veteran who would have been eligible for membership in the
2. The student must also be in their senior year in an accredited Florida high school.
3. The scholarship may be used only for undergraduate study at an accredited U.S.
college or university.
4. The scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive their scholarships immediately.
5. Deadline for submission: April 1st of the current school year
6. Print very clearly. You want the judges to be able to read what you have written.
7. REQUIREMENT: Attach to this application a PHOTOCOPY of the Veteran's Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty (Form DD-214) or other government document showing time served on active military duty during eligibility period(s) as indicated above.
Address questions and return application to:
American Legion Post 63
c/o Kathy Churray
271 W. Plant St.
Winter Garden, FL. 34787